Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Son is Picky Eater

I'm musing how Christopher is over 2, how fast he's growing. How fun and darling he is right now, and how attached and loving he is of mom...

Anyway, today, as I was cutting celery for snack (after washing them, of course), I notice him by my side, he said "Bite?" He always said that when he wanted to eat anything I was preparing, I looked at him, and said, "Sure, go ahead. Take it." He threw a little smile my way, and grabbed the celery from the kitchen counter, and went back to the living room while happily munching the green stalk.

My parents often said that I was very picky with my food. I only would eat chicken or beef (anything meat) and nothing else, or maybe with some rice. I would turn my head at the sight of vegetables, in fact, I used to detest vegetables.

I find it amazing that Chris is the same way, but the complete opposite. My son would munch on celery, cucumber and carrot and he'd spit out the beef, pork or chicken. Sometimes he'll eat turkey or fish, but it's SOMETIMES.

I didn't notice, but I have a naturally vegetarian baby (or would-be vegetarian)! He's a healthful eater because he would refuse eating French fries or chicken nuggets (I did offer him those--I'm assuming children love those things), and opt for low-sodium vegetable soup instead. I hope this phase will last a while :)

I also marvel on how tall he is, he almost reaches my hip (height-wise) and he's only 2 years old! (P.S. I'm 5'7) Everyone who sees him thinks that he's at least 3 or 4 years old but with a face of a baby, it's too cute, I sincerely think he kind of looks like Suri Cruise (male version of her, I guess it's because they have the same color skin and hair), but it's just my opinion. I don't understand how Tom Cruise baby seems part- Asian, but I digress.

Anyway, this entry is for my sweet boy, Christopher. Mommy loves you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww I want to see a picture of him


My kids detest vegetables, wanna swap? lol

Anonymous said...

I hope you're ok hun, havent heard from you in a while.

Am going back to the UK tomorrow am very sad

Lots of love

M
*hugs*